Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A day to reflect

Today is a non-basket-making day. Its a day to get out into the garden. Its a day to plan more detail about our one week holiday with our autistic adult son the last week in May when we go with him to Westerly, Rhode Island. Its a day to wait for a response from the registrar of the Ottawa Valley Weavers' and Spinners' Guild about whether or not there are enough registrants for my basket-making class scheduled for a week on Saturday.

Wanda's basket is drying nicely. The Danish oil gives it a faint sheen and an arometic odour. I have invited Wanda over for the "reveal" on Friday afternoon. I hope to include a photograph of a satisfied customer and basket later that day in this blog.

Today is also the day I placed one of my baskets, a fanny basket, on the etsy housewares showcase. I hope to turn "views" into sales through that marketing medium. I am considering placing one of the vintage charm bracelets onto a vintage showcase early in May too.

This marketing takes time! Other suggestions as to how to engender sales are most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment