Friday, September 25, 2009

A selection of cards




Having been inspired by the Ottawa Valley Weavers and Spinners Guild to make three cards for their 60th anniversary Exhibition and Sale, I came up with more card designs. Some I will add to my Etsy shop. Others will be on sale locally at various shows. The cards here have a simple cross made from willow joined with a God's eye.



These I call "sunbursts." These suns would be the starting points for such items as the sewing baskets I make.







This is one example of a weaving with flat cane. I describe it in my Etsy shop as a "flag", with uses for a wide range of occasions as a greetings card.






The fish symbol, a symbol of Christians, came easily to mind as Christmas approaches. Easy to make. Effective in design.









This last card, like the others, is blank inside.


1 comment: