Monday, February 8, 2010

Repurposed: a new tag for some items


A Favourite blog I follow is by Pamela Zimmerman, a basket-maker whose work is so many levels above mine that I can only look on and wonder. Her blog at http://catchingthemoon.blogspot.com is well worth visiting, and from there you must visit her website.
Pamela follows my blog and occasionally leaves interesting and informative comments. Most recently she added a comment to my blog about the baskets I made for my church's salt and pepper shakers. She used the word "repurposed" in describing these baskets. It took me a while to understand what she meant. The wood I used for the bases for the baskets was surplus laminate from my basement floor. By using it for a different purpose than that for which it was made, I had repurposed it.
I have now added the tag "repurposed" to the two or three trays I have for sale that repurpose laminate. One example is pictured here. "Tags" are one of the means by which potential buyers find your Etsy items. A new tag may enable more potential customers to find my site.
Thanks, Pamela.

No comments:

Post a Comment