Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finishing the harvested grapevines

After another hour's work, I now have eight finished hoops of grapevine ready to use as frames for rib baskets. The vines needed to have their loose outer bark removed. If you click onto the photograph, you will see that the vines and hoops come in two colours: green and brown. For the green vines, all I needed to do was to remove that loose outer bark. However, the brown hoops needed more work since there was a loose, powdery coating beneath that loose bark that also had to be removed. A thorough scraping was all that was needed to finish the preparation.

There are still more vines I cut yesterday that need finishing. And then there are four more grapevine plants that need to be harvested. I hope for more good weather to allow me time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment