Sunday, October 21, 2012

Possibilities for teaching basketry classes

 The Guild I belong to, The Ottawa Valley Weavers and Spinners Guild, has lots of spinning and weaving classes, but a shortage of basket-making classes. Today, I and two other basket-makers from the Guild, received a special appeal to offer basket-making classes in 2013. I have taught the occasional class before, so I responded favourably this time.
I offered my skills in offering classes in 1. Making a rib basket as above, or 2. Making a Market Basket as above. The first class would likely see the basket completed in one day (from 10 to 4 00) while the second would likely take two days. I would supply all the tools and materials with one exception for the Market Basket. There I would ask participants to bring around 30 clothes pegs. I (or I should say Anne)   have enough pegs on hand for about two baskets, not six or more that could be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment