I have all the grapevine branches I cut down earlier in soak. This enables me to remove the loose outer bark much more easily.
In previous years, I only kept the long, thick branches which I used as hoops for rib baskets. This year, in a moment of inspiration, or madness, I also kept the long, thin branches. I hope to be able to use them as weavers. Stay posted to see how successful this inspiration works.
Given the weather forecast for the next seven days or so, I will be unlikely to be able to get to this grapevine to remove the bark for many days. I prefer to do this job sitting in sunshine on the deck. Today's hot weather is not likely to return for a while.