Monday, December 21, 2009

Heartwood Gifts and Heartwood House

Today I received a small parcel via Canada Post's Express Post service. An initial glance showed that it came from "Heartwood." "Wow," I thought, "that's nice of the Ottawa Valley Weavers and Spinners Guild to send me a Christmas Gift." ("Heartwood House" is the name of the building in which the Guild meets.)

The parcel was very well sealed and I had to use a serrated knife to hack into it. I was very puzzled when I read the card that was inside. All it said was "Mary Wood". I could think of no Guild members with that name.

Julian then pointed out that the parcel was labelled "Heartwood Gifts" not "Heartwood House" and that it was mailed in British Columbia, not downtown Ottawa. A light dawned on me then: the gift was from my sister Mary in England who must have ordered it via the World Wide Web.

I hastely sent her an email thanking her and suggesting that we had similar ideas since we had ordered gifts for our English relatives via Etsy stores in England.

A quick search of the Etsy website turned up no Etsy store named "Heartwood Gifts".
It is, however, listed via Google as www.heartwoodgifts.com. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment