Monday, February 15, 2010

Bucket lists

Anne and I are both Old Age Pensioners. Lately, Anne has been talking about her "bucket list", things she would like to do before she kicks the bucket. These are things to do while we are still in the best of health.

Her bucket list has a time frame of completion before she is 70, but she has set a goal of both of us living well into our 80s and 90s. But her short-term list before 70 is as follows:
Learn how to stand on her head comfortably during her weekly Yoga classes.
Sew a beautiful dress for our Grandaughter, Gabrielle.
Complete the needle point (or is it cross-stitch) she has been working on for several years now.

For me, my short-term bucket list is as follows:
Get back into running again and complete a 5km, 10km and 1/2 Marathon before I am 70.
Lose lots of weight.

Those two items are complimentary of course. Wii Fit puts me in the "overweight" category, but not the "obese" category. And its suggested ideal weight for me is 145lbs, two pounds lighter than the weight I was when I married Anne in 1966. Anne's Wii Fit ideal weight and her actual weight are very close.

I have begun to lose that weight I accumulated over the decades, but it will be a long process that will take a year or more if I am able to keep at it.

Another bucket list goal we share is to put money aside into Adrian's Registered Disability Savings Account (RDSP) for the next eight years so as to take advantage of the government's contributions to the maximum.

No comments:

Post a Comment