Thursday, March 25, 2010

Progress on restoring the front garden.



In the last two days, with afternoon temperatures in double digts (C), I have been able to make a lot of progress in rehabilitating my front garden. Yesterday, I finished relaying the second section of crazy paving.





And this morning I laid house-brick pathways to separate various section of the garden.







And a lonely crocus graces an undisturbed part of the garden. This flowered yesterday, a good two weeks ahead of last year.

I called a local plant nursery for advice on moving the perennials from their over winter location back into the front garden. The advice was to do it, adding bone meal to the soil to stimulate root growth. My afternoon tasks are now in place.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the sidewalk. That's my "big job" for the year. I've had piles of rocks in my yard for years now, and come hell or high water, I'm completing my sidewalks this year (even if I blow out my carpal tunnel again!!!)

    ReplyDelete