Friday, April 2, 2010

27C! Whew!

One of today's tasks was to add another archway to the patio. The grapevine in the lower right corner of the photo will grow and trail over this. In the fall I will cut the branches down and use them in my basket-making. If I hit the right moment, we might also harvest some grapes before the birds get them.





Today the temperature reached 27C, probably a record for April 2nd. Two purple crocuses have manged to fight their way through the periwinkle and enjoy this balmy weather. It is cooler later next week, but I will make an appointment to exchange my winter tires for summer ones.




The yellow crocuses are putting on a fine show. But we must wait for the traditional May 24th weekend before planting annuals and vegetables that cannot stand frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment