Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3 of getting back to normal

Last year at this time, I began a concerted campaign to become fitter and to lose weight. Julian bought us a Wii Fit console for Christmas, and I began to use it regularly, particularly using the running segments. I also began jogging outside regularly. The Wii Fit showed I was greatly overweight, bordering on obese. And it tracked my BMI and weight in graph form. As the weeks and months progressed, so did the graphs showing a steady reduction in weight and the BMI. By June, my BMI was nearing the division between overweight and the normal range, and I had lost around 25lbs.

Then I had my heart attack while jogging. Since then, I have been able to slowly regain my health while maintaining my June weight.

For 2011 I plan to resume that weight loss progress in which I had success. I need to lose another 20 -25 lbs, and to bring my BMI well within the normal range.

Over the last few months, I have slowly resumed my jogging and my Wii Fit exercises. Before Christmas I had two or three weeks of inactivity as a low grade fever hit me. Now that has gone, I have resumed jogging, with two 5 km runs yesterday and the day before.

Today's jog was cut a little short at the 4 km point as a slight ham string pull told me to ease off for a while. I walked the rest of the way home.

Tomorrow we get back to twice weekly swimming of senior's laps at the local pool. And if my ham string pull still bothers me, there will be lots of walking instead of the jogging. At day three of the program there is a long way to go, but the program will see success.

No comments:

Post a Comment