Friday, April 26, 2013

A cooking spree

 This morning I decided to do something with the meat selections I had defrosted and ready. The beef pot roast was seared first of all and browned in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. I then readied the onions, carrots and celery, added beef stock and thyme before returning the roast to the cast-iron pot to simmer for four hours. At the end of this, the meat was so tender!
 I also seared and browned two sets of pork ribs. I then prepared carrots, mushrooms, celery, green peppers and potatoes with beef stock before returning the pork to this pot too. These cooked much faster than the beef, becoming tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs ready for lunch-time.
The meal was delicious. And the sliced beef is now packaged and in the fridge ready for sandwiches, and a picnic lunch, with salad for Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment