Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blogging will slow down

Over the next few weeks I will not be writing in my blog as often as I have in the past. On Sunday, I had a heart attack. Luckily, I was able to get help right away, and was rushed to the Ottawa Heart Institute very quickly. There I had the blockage removed and stents put in to stabilise me. Now I am in full recovery mode. That means lots of rest, no driving, little physical activity etc.

The recovery so far has been smooth and rapid. From surgery early on Sunday morning (between 9 30 and 11 00 am) I was declared to be recovered enough to come home today (Tuesday.)

One activity I can resume when I feel up to it is basket-making!

3 comments:

  1. Oh John, our family is lifting you and Anne up in prayer for a speedy and full recovery, and for Anne to have strength during this time. I'm sure it was horrifying for her.
    I actually find blogging a very peaceful and relaxing activity.
    Blessings and keep us updated when you can.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh John I'm so sorry to hear that! I am glad you are recovering and got help quickly. I'll add you to my prayer list and I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I'm glad to hear you're okay after that little scare. Get better soon, and stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete