Sunday, July 4, 2010

Reclaiming my studio

Now that Julian has his own apartment, we are able to use part of the basement as a studio once more. We have spent a few hours re-ordering the area with Anne doing the heavy lifting and I the supervising. Quite a reversal in roles!

The stairs to the basement show some of my baskets on display. It makes an attractive introduction to the area.


This is the main area with the living room, piano and guest bedroom in the centre-back, the bathroom to the right, and the kitchen and Anne's sewing area to the left.

Last night Anne and I sat and read for a while in the cool basement as Ottawa temperatures reached 30C.



This is the area where Julian slept. It is now the area in which I will sit at the far table and make my baskets. The step-ladder displaying some baskets was purchased at a garage sale for $5.00. The doorway between the tables closes of my cane and willow storage and workshop.




The "High Ranch" windows give lots of light. The doorway shown here leads to the closet under the stairs which is quite full of empty boxes ready for shipping baskets to all parts of Canada and the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment