Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Re-organising my storage room.

The old saying, "You cannot see the wood for the trees" applied to my cane and willow storage area. Masses of tangled cane sat on top of, inside and under the storage bins I had for them. I could not see what was there and what was usable. Now I have salvaged all I could and hung them in skeins that are not only visible but easily reached and brought down.



The remains of the unsalvageable mass sits at the roadside awaiting pick up for the City to compost.







The rolls of ready-for-use cane are easily accessible and ready for dying as I use up the remnants.







And the brown and white willow are also easily accessible for use in my rib baskets. Overall, yesterday was a successful day of re-organisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment